AGC Recognizes Electrical Contractors for Safety Excellence
Six firms were recognized for their safety efforts in the Specialty Division.
AGC ranks its commercial and industrial contractor members that build long-lasting, high-quality construction projects based on work hours. Award winners are selected by a panel of five independent safety professionals within the government, corporate, and insurance industries.
“Safety and health are the No. 1 priority for the construction industry, and it’s important that we recognize our member companies for their efforts to lead by example,” said Bob Lanham, the association’s president and president of Williams Brothers Construction Co. in Houston. “These awards also provide an opportunity for them to share the innovative ideas they are implementing to keep safety at the forefront in the construction industry. This experience makes us all better, which is the goal.”
In the Specialty Division, six electrical contractors were recognized for their safety efforts:
- Faith Technologies, Menasha, Wis. — first in the over 4 million work hours category
- Helix Electric, San Diego — third in the over 4 million work hours category
- JH Kelly, Vancouver, Wash. — second in the 1.5 million to 4 million work hours category
- Lee Co., Franklin, Tenn. — first in the 1.5 million to 4 million work hours category
- Marathon Electrical Contractors, Irondale, Ala. — third in the 1 million to 1.5 million work hours category
- TD Industries, Dallas — second in the over 4 million work hours category
View the full list of 2022 Construction Safety Excellence Awards Winners here.
The 2023 AGC Construction Safety Excellence Awards competition will open Oct. 3, 2022; the deadline for submissions is Dec. 15, 2022.