JH Kelly has built its safety program around the commitment to continuous improvement. This quest for safety excellence has been anchored by our most valuable resource: JH Kelly employees. We encourage active involvement of our people, from upper management to our craft workers in making safety synonymous with JH Kelly.
Our Injury Free Environment (IFE) is not just a safety program – it’s a culture at JH Kelly.
- We believe that accidents are not only avoidable, but are unacceptable.
- It is this culture that ensures our EMR is consistently well below the industry average.
The foundation of our safety system is a training program, which integrates employees at all levels—enabling them to be both educated and responsible when it comes to project safety. This employee involvement process includes:
- Orientation & supervisor training
- Safety staff with hazard recognition
- Job hazard analysis & safety meetings
- Incentive programs for safety committees, plus an emphasis on subcontractor safety
JH Kelly’s focus on safety has been recognized both regionally and nationally – a testament to the impact of our all-out commitment to providing the safest work environment possible. But the most important measurement of our safety program isn’t how many awards we have won or what safety statistics we have for any given year. It’s that every night, our employees leave the jobsite and go home safely to their families.
Check out our Preventing Hand Injuries safety video here!